[Trhm-Go] Purchasing go sets.

sverrhag at stud.ntnu.no sverrhag at stud.ntnu.no
Sat Jan 16 16:05:26 CET 2010

Time to spend some money :-)

I've looked at Mats Hjalmarsson's site and "Schaak en Gowinkel het
Paard", which are the two places I know about that sell go equipment
online in Europe.

Picking out the cheapest "standard" set and converting the listed
price with the help of google, it seems that the prices are not very
different, 600 SEK ~= 480 NOK while 55 EUR ~= 450 NOK.  Mats has
cheaper (and cheaper-looking) bowls while het Paard's stones are
cheaper and thinner.

This is assuming we want a wooden board and glass stones.  On Mats'
site I also found a cardboard + plastic stones package for 150 SEK, if
that is desirable.

If we want clocks, het Paard sells the DGT 2010 game timer for 59
Euros, while Mats sells a digital clock for 350 SEK by Shenzen Huibo.
The DGT is supposedly quite good, but there is a substantial
difference in price.

If any club members want to purchase some equipment or books at the
same time we could merge the orders and possibly reduce transport
costs, etc.

Mats' site is at http://mohsart.se/ , het Paard is at
http://www.schaakengo.nl/ , feel free to look around and make some
comments.