[Trhm-Go] S, hear the news of victory, and send a

Dorvil Topolewski pedagogue at damp.com.br
Wed Jan 6 21:57:58 CET 2010

They were driving back their men to this line without regard to regiment
or organization of any kind. This could be plainly seen from the
adjacent and similar ridge over which we were moving,--the pursuers
being in quite as much disorder (so far as organizations were concerned)
as the pursued. That growing line began to look ugly and somewhat
quenched the ardor of the chase. It began to be a question in many minds
whether it would not be a point of wisdom 'to survey the vantage of the
ground' before getting much further. But just as we descended into the
intervening hollow, a body of cavalry, not large but compact, was seen
scouring along the fields to our right and front like a whirlwind
directly toward the left flank of that formidable line on the hill. When
we reached the top there was no enemy there! They had moved on and the
cavalry after them. "Thus the chase was continued, from position to
position, for miles and miles, for hours and hours, until darkness
closed in and every regiment went