[Grimne-law] It was astonishingly c

Must Canterberry sheerly at faxm.com
Wed Sep 29 22:38:28 CEST 2010

Ual workers in a given factory would
themselves control that

factory, just as a board of directors controls
a factory under the ordinary capitalist system. The Communists, I think,
even today admit the ultimate desirability

of this, but insist that the important
question is not

who shall give the orders, but in whose interest the orders shall be
given. I have nowhere
found this matter properly thrashed out, though feeling upon it is
extremely strong. Everybody whom I asked about it began at once to
address me as if I were a public meeting, so that I found it
extremely difficult to get from either side a statement not free from
electioneering bias. I think, however, that it may be fairly said that
all but a few lunatics have abandoned
the ideas of 1917, which resulted in the workmen in a factory deposing
any technical expert or manager whose orders were in the least irksome
to them. These ideas and the miseries and unfairness they caused,

the stoppages of work, the managers sewn up in sacks, ducked in ponds
and trundled in wheelbarrows, have ta