[Frogma] said, but I learned more and more to know what he meant, and what he

Leialoha Maize lymphatic at roci.cz
Tue Sep 28 20:27:22 CEST 2010

He was a fine grown young fellow, with
black whiskers,
and a man's voice, but I was
sure he knew me, and that he was Joe Green, and I was very glad. I put
my nose up to him, and tried to say that
we were friends. I never saw a man so pleased. "Give you a fair trial! I
should think so, indeed! I wonder who the rascal was
that broke your knees, my old Beauty! you must have been badly served
out somewhere; well, well, it won't be my fault if you haven't good
times of it now. I wish John Manly was here to see
you." In the afternoon I was put into a low Park chair and brought to
the door. Miss Ellen was going to try me, and Green went with her. I
soon found that she was a good driver, and she seemed pleased with my
paces. I heard Joe telling her about me, and that he was sure I was
Squire Gordon's
old "Black Beauty."
When we returned, the other sisters came out to hear how I had behaved
myself. She told them what she had just heard, and said: "I shall
certainly write to Mrs. Gordon, and tell her that her favorite horse has
come to us. How pleased she will be!" After this I was driven
every day for a week
or so, and as I appeared to be quite safe, Miss Lavinia at last ventured
out in the small

close carriage. After this it was quite decided to keep me and call me
by my old name of Black Beauty. I have now lived in this
happy place a whole year. [Illustration] ***END OF THE PROJECT GUTENBERG
EBOOK BLACK BEAUTY, YOUNG FOLKS' EDITION*** ******* This file should be
named 11860.txt or

11860.zip ******* This and all associated files
of various formats will be found in: Updated editions will replace the
previous one--the old editions will be renamed. Creating the works from
public