[Frogma] A. Baptism is a Sacrament which clean

Pendexter Sarensen tempered at kijkopogen.nl
Thu Aug 27 22:23:28 CEST 2009

 relics of the saints? A. It is not allowed to pray to the crucifix or
images and relics of the saints, for they have no life, nor power to
help us, nor sense to hear us. 344. Q. Why do we pray before the
crucifix and the images and relics of the saints? A. We pray before the
crucifix and images and relics of the saints because they enliven our
devotion by exciting pious affections and desires, and by reminding us
of Christ and of the saints, that we may imitate their virtues. LESSON
TWENTY-EIGHTH FROM THE SECOND TO THE FOURTH COMMANDMENT 345. Q. What is
the second Commandment? A. The second Commandment is: Thou shalt not
take the name of the Lord thy God in vain. 346. Q. What are we commanded
by the second Commandment? A. We are commanded by the second Commandment
to speak with reverence of God and of the saints, and of all holy
things, and to keep our lawful oaths and vows. 347. Q. What is an oath?
A. An oath is the calling upon God to witness the truth of what we say.
350. Q. What is a vow? A. A vow is a deliberate promise made to God to
do something that is pleasing to Him. 351. Q. Is it a sin not to fulfill
our vows? A. Not to fulfill our vows is a sin, mortal or venial,
according to the nature of the vow and the intention we had in making
it. 352. Q. What is forbidden by the second Commandment? A. The second
Commandment forbids all false, rash, unjust, and unnecessary oaths,
blasphemy, cursing, and profane words. 353. Q. What is the third
Commandment? A. The third Commandment is: Remember thou keep holy the
Sabbath day. 355. Q. How are we to worship God on Sundays and holydays
of obligation? A. We are to worship God on Sundays and holydays of
obligation by hearing Mass, by prayer, and by other good works. 358. Q.
What is forbidden by the third Commandment? A. The third Commandment
forbids all unnecessary servile work and whatever else may hinder the
due observance of the Lord's day. 359. Q. What are servile works? A.
Servile works are those which require labor rather of body than of mi