[Trhm-Go] ugh fallen, still I wil

Lolling Kalmar rang at rdmpumps.com
Fri Aug 21 02:09:48 CEST 2009

 By no means, but aethereal Vortex. Strep. Vortex? It had escaped my
notice that Jupiter did not exist, and that Vortex now reigned in his
stead. But you have taught me nothing as yet concerning the clap and the
thunder. Soc. Have you not heard me, that I said that the Clouds, when
full of moisture, dash against each other and clap by reason of their
density? Strep. Come, how am I to believe this? Soc. I'll teach you from
your own case. Were you ever, after being stuffed with broth at the
Panathenaic festival, then disturbed in your belly, and did a tumult
suddenly rumble through it? Strep. Yes, by Apollo! And immediately the
little broth plays the mischief with me, and is disturbed and rumbles
like thunder, and grumbles dreadfully: at first gently pappax, pappax;
and then it adds papa-pappax; and finally, it thunders downright
papapappax, as they do. Soc. Consider, therefore, how you have trumpeted
from a little belly so small; and how is it not probable that this air,
being boundless, should thunder so loudly? Strep. For this reason,
therefore, the two names also Trump and Thunder, are similar to each
other. But teach me this, whence comes the thunderbolt blazing with
fire, and burns us to ashes when it smites us, and singes those who
survive. For indeed Jupiter evidently hurls this at the perjured. Soc.
Why, how then, you foolish person, and savouring of the dark ages and
antediluvian, if his manner is to smite the perjured, does he not blast
Simon, and Cleonymus, and Theorus? And yet they are very perjured. But
he smites his own temple, and Sunium the promontory of A