[Trhm-Go] Go at Gløshaugen, tuesday the 4th.

Andreas Danner Nilsen trhm-go at list.pvv.org
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:34:36 +0100 (CET)

Stian Brandt (Elessar/efnet) contacted me a few weeks ago, regarding
the possibility of borrowing some rooms from NTNU for Trondheim Go Club.
I've sent several mails to the person responsible for handling such
requests, but she seems to ignore me - or possibly have a serious
ineptitude to reading e-mail. Thus, I figured, what the heck, let's just
grab a room.  Which is the current plan currently being executed.

I have thus grabbed a room in the basement of Gamle Elektro, room G012.
Whether we can keep this room throughout the semester is not really
clarified, but most of the rooms are quite empty at this time of year
anyway. We'll probably have to reserve a room sooner or later, but we
should get some fixed dates first - and if all else fails, we can always
reserve them in the name of a student like myself.

The time of the first meeting has been set the upcoming Tuesday, 4th of
February, at 1730 hours. Whether we will keep this time throughout the
semester, we'll just have to decide upon when we get there. There has been
several proposals to meet up twice a week to accomodate everyones
timeschedule - but at any rate, we'll figure it out. The first
meeting is thus in three days from now :)

I know there has been quite an intrest from non-club members for this
event, and I've cc'ed the mail to everyone whose email adress I could
remember. If I have missed someone, please forward this mail.

Another thing is go boards. We'll probably need as many as possible, so if
you have one, please bring your own set.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to this!

--------------

To those of you not familiar with Gløshaugen, it's quite easy to get
there. Simply locate this building on campus, called "Gamle Elektro".

http://www.ntnu.no/etasjeplan/elektrog/BLD.JPG
(disclaimer - reality may appear less green than in this picture)

And enter through one of the side entrances. The depicted entrance
unfortunately closes at 1600 hours, while the side entrances close at
1800. Once inside, locate Audiorium EL5, and the stairs in the
hallway behind it, leading to the basement.

A sketch of the basement can be found here:
http://www.ntnu.no/etasjeplan/elektrog/K/plan.jpg

We have, as already mentioned, grabbed room G012, just past "Omega
Kielder".

And to those of you (myself included) not familiar with Trondheim Go
Club, have a look here:

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~vlarsen/trhm-go/

I'll also suggest signing up to the club mailing list at