[ReStore] ntended to remind Jimmy that the

Lehrfeld Sacco fumble at polymark.nl
Wed Jan 13 15:42:56 CET 2010

E again made a move toward the door. "But Alfred," protested Zoie, still
clinging to his hand, "you're not going to leave me again--so soon."
Alfred was becoming more and more restive under the seeming absurdity of
their persistent opposition, but before he could think of a polite way
of over-ruling them, Aggie continued persuasively. "You stay with Zoie,"
she said. "I'll bring the boys in here and you can both have a look at
them." "But Aggie," argued Alfred, puzzled by her illogical behaviour,
"would it be wise to wake them?" "Just this once," said Aggie. "Now you
stay here and I'll get them." Before Alfred could protest further she
was out of the room and the door had closed behind her, so he resigned
himself to her decision, banished his temporary annoyance at her
obstinacy, and glanced about the room with a new air of proprietorship.
"This is certainly a great night, Zoie," he said. "It certainly is,"
acquiesced Zoie, with an over emphasis that made Alfred turn to her with
new concern. "I'm afraid that mad woman made you very nervous, dear," he
said. "She certainly did," said Zoie. Zoie's nerves were destined to
bear still further strain, for at that moment, there came a sharp ring
at the door. Beside herself with anxiety Zoie threw her arms about
Alfred, who had advanced to soothe her, drew him down by her side and
buried her head on his breast. "You ARE jumpy," said Alfred, and at that
instant a wrangle of loud voices, and a general commotion was heard in
the outer hall. "What's that?" asked Alfred, endeavouring to disentangle
himself from Zoie's frantic embrace. Zoie clung to him so tightly that
he was unable to rise, but his alert ear caught the sound of a familiar
voice rising above the din of dispute in the hallway. "That sounds like
the officer," he exclaimed. "The officer?" cried Zoie, and she wound her
arms more tightly about him. CHAPTER XXVII Propelled by a large red
fist, attached to the back of his badly wilted collar, the writhing form
of Jimmy was now thrust through the outer door. "Let go of me," shouted
the hapless Jimmy. The answer was a spasmodic shaking administered by
the fist; then a large burly off