Administative ...

Anders Christensen anders@pvv.unit.no
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 22:17:04 +0200

Hi all,

I've decided post diffs to the Store scripts on this list. The version
with which I start is version 1.73. (Note that the current version a
few weeks ago was also called 1.73, so there might be several
revisions of it. The diffs will contain desciptions of the changes, as
well as reasons for why these diffs are necessary.

The patches will be numerically ordered, and should ideally be applied
in that order, although that is not always necessary. From time to time,
we'll collect the patches into patchlevels and versions.

There are several reasons for these diff-postings:

First of all, in the documentation work I'm currently doing, I need to
have something less tangible to work on than what was accidently
written "last night". Thus, I will maintain a reference version, and
I will update the documentation along with the code.

Secondly, by posting diffs and descriptions of the changes, I hope to
spread information on the changing functionality, and create a
discussion focussing on the current changes and the need for new
changes.

I've chosen to use the restore list, rather than create a new list,
partly because there is yet little discussion here, and partly because
I believe in creating a new list only when we see the need for it.

OK, that's it, please feel free to return feedback!

Regards,
-anders

PS: Please use English on this list.