[Grimne-law] went to your pages-

SusanField promo11 at spl.at
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 04:59:06 -0400

Web Design No-Nos

In addition to our services to increase your site's search engine rankings, you can further enhance your results by optimizing the design of your homepage. Today's newsletter will focus on design practices that negatively affect search engine placement.

Frames
Framed sites can be invisible to search engines spiders. The spiders that cannot follow frame links never see the content pages that human visitors see. They only see the frameset page itself. The best answer to this problem is to redesign your site without using frames. If that is not possible you can have your Webmaster add information to the frameset page to make it more search engine friendly. Since the frameset is treated just like an HTML page your Webmaster should add meta tags and a title to the frameset page. Additionally, descriptive text can be included in a "No Frames" tag. This tag is intended for older browsers that do not support frames, but it is also visible to spiders when they are confronted with a frameset.

Flash Animation and Graphic Text
Search engines use the text on your page for their ranking determinations. If your site is filled with Flash animation or if your text appears as a graphic the search engine spider will not see it. Rich media enhancements like flash look good to human visitors but they are invisible to search engine spiders. To improve your chances for good ranking stick with simpler pages without the flashy animation. If your site has fancy graphics in place of text be sure to have your Webmaster put another version on the wording in the "Alt Image" tag.

Dynamically Generated Pages
A problem with many e-commerce sites is that their product pages are dynamically generated. Most search engines do not recognize the "?" and "&" characters that separate CGI variables. This means that some individual product pages will not be crawled by search engine spiders. One way to prevent this problem is to create static versions of your site's dynamic pages for search engines to crawl. Another option is to use the "dynamic page optimization solutions" available for ASP, ColdFusion, CGI/Perl, or the Apache Web Server.

Our Search Engine Optimization Program
The best way to get noticed by the search engines is to use a professional search engine placement service like us. We use our expertise and technological know-how to get top search engine placement:

Our professionally trained technicians help you to choose the 20 keyword phrases that best reflect the main focus of your site.  We use those keywords to optimize your meta tags and build 280 HTML attraction pages designed to conform to the ranking criteria of the top search engines.  Since many search engines now use link popularity in their rankings, we employ link building strategies such as reciprocal link relationships with related businesses.  We manually submit your site to Web directories like the Open Directory Project. (We do not submit to spider-based search engine because recent studies indicate that these types of search engines give preference to sites that their spiders find through links.)  Our online client reporting system puts tracking information at your fingertips so that you can monitor your site's progress.  Free customer support is always available for active clients through our toll free customer support hotline.

Search Engine News from Around the Web

Search Firms Look For Ways To Fight Google
http://my.zacks.com/newsroom/IBD/ibd_tech.php

NYDancewear.com Gets Jump in Web Orders after Redesigning for Web Searches
http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=9655

AllTheWeb Now A Better Search Experience Than Google
http://www.microdoc-news.info/newsGoogle/2003/06/25.html#a731

Microsoft vs. Google - It's Getting Ugly
http://www.isedb.com/news/index.php?t=reviews&id=295

Surfers Impatient with Search Engines

If you would like more information on how to gain web traffic to your website, please click here.
http://www.zextech.com/form_n.html

If you did not request this newsletter or wish to be removed, please click below.
http://www.spaztastic.com/remove.php?email=grimne-law@pvv.ntnu.no